The aim of the 2022 International Summer School of Political Ecology is to exchange views, discuss and critically examine contemporary studies, practices, methodologies and processes for just, inclusive and deliberative transitions towards living well within planetary boundaries. Transitions are ongoing and inevitable; the summer school will address areas that are particularly exposed: the State and democracy, energy and transport, consumption and manufacture, and land use.
The 2022 International Summer School of Political Ecology is intended for theoreticians, practicians and activists and anyone interested in environmental and ecological issues. Participation in the summer school is FREE OF CHARGE!
Why you should participate:
- Obtain points via an accredited application for doctoral and MA students (10 ECTS / 5 ECTS).
- Learn about the latest research in the field of transitions from leading international and Slovenian researchers and practicians.
- Develop critical thinking with regard to transitions.
- Enjoy the summer school without paying a participation fee.
- Take part in interactive evening activities.
Join us in formulating new concepts for just transitions! Apply here!
The event will be hybrid: in person and via Zoom.
Please apply until:
- 15 April 2022 – MA and doctoral students who wish to obtain ECTS credits;
- 15 May 2022 – all other participants.
All information about the summer school is available on the website.
The 2022 International Summer School of Political Ecology is organised as part of the Life IP CARE4CLIMATE integral project, which, through awareness-raising, education and the training of key stakeholders, will encourage the implementation of measures to help Slovenia meet its greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets by 2020 and 2030. More information about the CARE4CLIMATE project can be found on the official project website.